Almost There: Christmas Craze: Centerpiece Fun

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Craze: Centerpiece Fun




12 of Christmas Craze is brought to you by Almost There and We, Vagabonds!
Since I made the these festive acorns for a Thanksgiving centerpiece I've had acorns on the brain! So I decided to make centerpiece acorns and lollipops (WHAT?!) to be a part of my Christmas centerpiece that I'm planning. 

Enjoy!

What you need for lollipops:
  • Air Dry Clay!
  • Circle Cookie Cutter
  • Bamboo Skewers
  • Paint
  • Glue
  • Glitter
What you need for acorns:
  • Paper Mache Eggs
  • Glue
  • Glitter
  • Hemp/String/Yarn! It's up to what you want to use for the acorn top!
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue Stick

First you need to make your lollipops the night before so they can completely dry. It's simple--using a roller flatten your clay and use your cookie cutter to make your circles. Snap your bamboo skewer in half and stick the skewer in the bottom of your circle.

Then let them dry over night!

The next day you can finish the lollipops while making the acorns! Be be warned...SO MUCH GLITTER!

First I picked out two colors for my lollipops. I went with a pretty pink and a bright green. Paint all of them and set them aside to dry.

Next take your glue and paint it on a majority of the egg. You can leave the top of the future acorn alone. 
Now, since I had to cover six eggs with glitter I decided to do a shake-and-bake type deal. I took a big freezer ziplock bag, filled it with the glitter colors I wanted and dropped the egg in. Then I danced around, shaking the bag. This alarmed Milo the cat. He walked away from me with an annoyed look.

I used bottle caps to put the eggs on to dry! 

Finally to finish these festive acorns, find a starting point at the very bottom of the acorn's top that will cover up the parts of the egg not glittered. Use the hot glue gun to dab some glue on that spot and then put the beginning of the thread/hemp/yarn on it. Let it dry and then wrap the egg in spirals until you make it to the very top. You can make a stem with the yarn but I liked making a little loop, using the hot glue gun to seal it. If you want these eggs to be Christmas ornaments this loop comes in handy!

To finish the lollipops, use glue to make a spiral on the top and then sprinkle your glitter on it! Let them dry and then you're finished!

Keep up with Almost There to see my finished centerpiece (once I get settled in my new place!)


Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover