Almost There: Christmas Craze: Handmade Wreathes

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Craze: Handmade Wreathes



12 of Christmas Craze is brought to you by Almost There and We, Vagabonds! Check out Day 1 and Day 2!

I have never had my own wreath. SO THIS IS WHAT I DID TODAY!

Instead of one large wreath I wanted two smaller ones because right now there's not a lot of space in the apartment and I'm moving next week so I thought it would be easier!

First I decided to make a clothespin wreath. I had seen a lot of them on Pinterest and wanted to make one with my own flare.

What you need:

  • Clothespins! I used about 23! You can get them at Walmart or any craft store for really cheap!
  • Paint! I used black paint and metallic paint.
  • Wreath frame! Craft store!
  • Clear Chalkboard Coating
  • Paintbrushes! 

First I went ahead and clipped the pins on the frame and decided what pattern I liked. Then I painted every other pin black. I used my clear chalkboard coating after the paint dried so I can use chalk on each one. Then I let it sit.

Next I decided to go with metallic gold paint for the rest of my pins.

While I let them dry I wanted to give the wire frame a touch of green. So I got my green hemp and did this little goofy move!

I let everything dry for about an hour! Then I got my chalk out and made little doodles on each black pin! 

This wreath is funky but I have to say I'm very pleased! What I like the most is that everything that was used to make it can be reused after the season!

Next I wanted to make a super simple but pleasing to look at wreath with string!

What you need:
  • A Styrofoam Wreath! Get some tape to close the gap at the top!
  • String/Hemp! It's up to you!
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue

This wreath is super simple to make. It took me about thirty minutes to wrap the whole thing. 

I found it was easier to wrap it in sections rather than try to do the whole thing in one go. I used dabs of hot glue to keep the string on each end.





To add some color to my simple wreath I got my green hemp and did another little goofy loop around it.

So there it is! Two handmade wreathes that are easy to make and are fun to add to your holiday decorations!

Hope you enjoyed!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover