Almost There: DIY: February Doorhanger + Some Love

Friday, February 1, 2013

DIY: February Doorhanger + Some Love

It's February first! You know what that means!!!!!!! (My excitement level should be obvious. I mean, look at all of those exclamation marks!) Today is the beginning of one of the best months. It's a time you can tell your loved ones how much you love and appreciate them without seeming like you're a crazy! This month I will be doing a lot of DIYs to spoil your special someone(s). The first February DIY I did (here) was a month-long gift and so is this one!
All you need for this DIY:
  • A paper bag (I used my leftover bag from P.F. Changs)
  • Sharpie
  • Scissors
  • Tape (I used some of my washi that I got from Target)
  • Matte Photo Paper & a Printer (optional)
What we are going to make is a little doorhanger that will hold cute, little sayings and reasons why you love someone. Each morning on the way out that person can reach into this bag/doorhanger and pick out a little slip! Hopefully that will start their morning off with a little cheer.

What I did first was cut the bag in half from the sides and then at the middle fold. This leaves the two handles and the top parts intact. Set those two pieces off to the side and use the rest of the bag to make your cute sayings. Remember to make at least 28 sayings for the 28 days of February. (I actually made 30 plus a few hearts.)

I didn't kill myself over making perfect squares or designs on each piece. I like the handmade vibe. 

After you make these you can move onto the hanger.

Take one side with the handle and flip it over. Unfold the sides and then tap the back part up. Next take the washi and seal the bottom. This will make the side into a little bag. I also used the washi and used it as a little decoration.



Next I decorated the front with some goofy things and a LOT of washi. I kind of turned into a spaz.

(That says You Are Supreme!)

When you're done put your sayings in the bag and hang it on a door! Also, don't mind my washi taping job. I got excited. But the great thing about cutting the bag in half from the beginning is that you have a handle left over to make another one if you want to!

I hope you enjoy!

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)



2 comments:

  1. Haha, that's really clever! I love it; it turned out really cute.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great DIY!!!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover