Almost There: Home Details: Office

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home Details: Office



Not many people know, but I've moved into a new house. I could fill up a book with my complaints about the process of moving however, this time around wasn't too bad. Everything I own fits into a 14 foot Uhaul. This new change in my life has inspired me to create a photo home series called Home Details. I want to chronicle the beginnings and works in progresses in this new home.

Right now I'm in the middle of setting up my office. It's fun and also a pain because of all of the random, non-matching things I have. It'll be a few days before I get everything in its proper place but I went ahead and put some time in making one part of the room comfy, fun, and useable so the office doesn't totally look like an explosion.

Below is what I can see from my desk chair.

It may not look like a lot but, for now, it's enough to make me happy. (Plus, I've gotten some compliments already!)

The picture at the beginning of this post shows a close up of the wall decorations I felt worked best with the randomness of the items I have in the office.

Because I don't have a true color scheme to the room, I wanted one piece of art that tied all of the dominant colors together. I was inspired by Ashley Goldberg's piece (here) to make a "messy" painting.  
From there I decided that I wanted something to balance out the visual weight of the painting. Luckily, I held on to this old mirror from a little shop back in the day.

Since I'm such a fan of triangles I wanted to top off these two pieces with something unique. That's when I ran across this plate! I instantly fell in love and drew my own version of it onto a manilla folder (I didn't like the white of printer paper) and put it in a $3 Dollar General frame.

I used the same orange paint to outline the crusts as I used in the painting. I carried his orange over to make a stripe down the mini cork board that was first in the middle panel. I wanted two more pieces to complete the panel and I wanted them to be unique. That's when I found my mini piñata (a very fun late night DIY!) and a little clay coffee cup I made for fun. Since the piñata already had orange in it, this worked out well!

I'll add more to this wall in the future, but for right now I'm just tickled about it. It's random chic, I say!
Now, to the rest of the little details that make this portion of the office warm and fun!

I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for more Home Details!

All wall decor was placed on the wall using Command Strips. They are awesome.

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover