Almost There: Online Shopping: Bridesmaid Dress

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Online Shopping: Bridesmaid Dress

Three bridesmaid dress rules you can (and we did) break:

1. You have to have each bridesmaid in the same dress (make, color, etc.).
2. They should all be purchased from the same store.
3. Stay away from purchasing your dress online.



I'm not getting married but it's #hollicon time and that means time for me to buckle down with my bridesmaid getup. This is my first time as a bridesmaid so I'm nervous about wrecking THE ENTIRE WEDDING! But, surely I can't do that?

Luckily, it's Miss Holli Anne getting hitched. Therefore she's the outfit commander--the yay or nay sayer. Now, why would she say yay or nay if she was just picking out all of our dresses? Because Holli is creative and has decided to just give us her wedding colors and let US pick out our wedding swag.

She gave us a few guidelines to follow (for instance, no white in the dress) and left us to our own devices.

I found that there is such a thing as too many options. The world was my oyster but I didn't know what to do with it. Also, I'm on a budget which made things all the harder.

Until I remembered that I follow the blogs of some of the coolest online clothing stores that had the same "feel" as Holli's future wedding.

Here are four sites I completely recommend for shopping everything wedding on a budget:

ModCloth
ChicWish
Ruche
Sosie

I wanted to find a teal dress (one of my favorite colors) so I cracked down on these four sites. Finally I found and fell in love with this beauty.

This Lucky Star Pleated Dress is beautiful, fun, and can be used more than once. I am beating the stereotype of having an awful bridesmaid dress that I will throw in the back of my closet after the wedding. This dress is something I can and will definitely wear after the wedding. That was a very important aspect of Holli deciding to go the less traditional route in bridesmaid dresses--she didn't want us to spend a lot of money on something we'd only wear once! 

I must say I am beyond happy with Ruche's quickness in mailing the dress to me (it took four days and I didn't pay for fast shipping). Not to mention the packaging was too cute! (I would show you but it will be cropping up in a future DIY!)

I still am shopping for shoes (they get to be red!) and accessories. Where would you suggest I shop? Is there an online store that you just absolutely love?

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)
#hollicon is an ongoing wedding series. If you have any questions on choosing color combos or any other wedding topic, Tweet them with #hollicon and we will address them on this blog series! 




1 comment:

  1. I love your dress! I found my (purple) wedding shoes at Zappos. I'm always happy with that company!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover