Almost There: DIY: Bridesmaids Tote Bags

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY: Bridesmaids Tote Bags




I probably shouldn't post these, considering they are gifts for my bridesmaids, but I just can't help myself. Plus, I'm filling these DIY tote bags with surprise goodies, so I'm not giving EVERYTHING away. 

I got the idea for doing these from this pin. While I wanted to give my sweet friends a nice present, I just felt too much pressure in trying to pick out jewelry for everyone that they would like. 

Plus, I have a healthy obsession with tote bags and thought my closest friends just might be into them, as well. 






































So this DIY is simple. All you need:

  • Blank Tote Bags (sold at craft stores)
  • Paint (I used acrylic, but fabric paint would also work)
  • Paint Brushes


There are many ways to paint these. You could buy or make stencils. I actually attempted to make a stencil heart, but decided that was too much pressure for me also.

I like my crafts to look handmade and slightly imperfect, so I just went for it.

When I was deciding what to paint on there, I wanted to keep it themed around love, but I didn't want it to say bridesmaid. Love lasts forever, but being a bridesmaid is a one-day ordeal!

I definitely have some plans to make more tote bags after the wedding settles and my nesting begins. I despise plastic bags from grocery stores and the ways they creep up in my house and start invading, so this seems like a good option. 

Anyone else out there obsessed with tote bag decorating?

—Holli Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover