Almost There: Recipe: Blonde Brownies (in the cast iron!)

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Recipe: Blonde Brownies (in the cast iron!)




I've been finding myself in the kitchen more and more these days. Probably because it's the only room in my house that is fully functioning, not annoying to look at and easy to find my "supplies." Gotta get that creativity out somehow, right?!

This recipe for blonde brownies comes straight from my grandma's kitchen, minus baking them in the cast iron. (I'm really confident grandma would not disapprove of my adjustment). 

So, if you are in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies that are sort of like brownies, this just might be your thing.

Ingredients:

  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 10 tbsp. margarine or Criso
  • 2 c. light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 pkg. chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt margarine or shortening and add in sugar and 2 tbsp. of hot water. Let cool for a few minutes.

2. Mix in egg and vanilla, then all dry ingredients.


3. Pour into lightly greased cast iron skillet or a 9x13 pan. (You can also half the recipe and cook in a 9x9x2 pan. Sprinkle (COVER!) with chocolate chips!

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Hope you enjoy!

—Holli Anne

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover