Almost There: Holli Anne's 2014: Week 1

Friday, January 3, 2014

Holli Anne's 2014: Week 1



If I have one regret about 2013, it's that I didn't document enough of it. I've always wanted to be a Project Lifer or a scrapbooker, but when I'm honest with myself, I know I'd never carve out the time to do it.

For some of last year I simply wrote down a Highlight of the Day in my journal, and those were pretty cool to go back and read. So I'm trying to do those again. But, I want something visual, so with the inspiration of some other bloggers, I decided I'm going to do a brief recap of the week on here. It'll have at least one image from the week and maybe even some of the blog's I'm digging, pins I'm pinning or books I'm reading.

This week (the 2014 portion anyway) was a short one. I've seen many people, along with their New Year's resolutions (or in place of), give themselves a word of the year. If you saw our New Year's Goals post, then you may know one of my major goals is to NOT freak out over things. So, I decided to give myself the word "Courage."

I doodled it on this piece of paper and stuck it in an old frame on my desk today. It's by no means fancy, but luckily hand-lettering isn't one of my goals for the year. (One of our friend's Allison is doing a 365 hand-lettering project that's pretty gorgeous, so you should check that out).

The courage to...
give birth to a healthy, happy little boy.
be a first-time mom.
adjust my schedule a million times as my little guy grows and his needs change.
guard my priorities and let the other little details go.
reject negative thoughts.
turn to others when I feel like I can't handle things on my own.
trust that things will always fall into place when they are supposed to.
trust myself.

Here's to a courageous 2014! Do you have a word of the year? Let us know in the comments below.

-Holli Anne

2 comments:

  1. I think this is great. Very inspiring and so simple and powerful. I think you are going to have a great 2014.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! I hope you have a great 2014, too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover